MI GIFT: Tailor-made experiences for those who still want to get excited. A memory is forever.
The date of foundation of the city is lost in the mists of time. The city is a real treasure trove of art and culture, being inextricably linked to the artistic production commissioned by the Orsini Del Balzo. Located at the intersection of the two important ancient communication routes Lecce-Leuca and Otranto-Gallipoli, the city is honored by the passage of the Apostle Peter, from whom it will take the civic name (S. Pietro in Galatina) in use until 1861.
The memory of the passage of the Apostle is testified by the majestic collegiate church, inside which the boulder is preserved, transported inside the left pillar in the sixteenth century, on which, according to tradition, the Saint had to rest. The presence of the Apostle and, according to the legend, also of Paul, gave way especially in the Middle Ages to identify the city as the seat of parliament for the public rite of tarantism.
The ritual, widespread throughout Salento and Puglia, included a first choreutic exorcism at the home of the "tarantata" which was repeated in the small church of S. Paolo in Palazzo Vernola in Galatina on 28 and 29 June each year.
To the ethnographic attention that the city offers, are added the masterpieces of the Baroque, Rococo and above all the grandiose frescoes of the basilica of S. Caterina d'Alessandria, commissioned in the fourteenth century by the Orsini Del Balzo family.
The basilica, second in Italy for pictorial extension only to that of S. Francesco in Assisi, is entirely decorated in the three naves and in the two ambulatories with fresco paintings of the Sienese and Giotto school, narrating the events of the Church, of the life of Christ and of the Virgin, and biblical episodes from the Old Testament and the Apocalypse.
The tour is reserved for a maximum of 10 people. For larger groups write to email@example.com
PAYMENT: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How can I pay? Payment is made by bank transfer or credit card
- What happens by clicking on the "Book Now" button? By clicking, you fill out a registration form. The data collected is used to prepare the electronic invoice, as per regulation. Once completed you will receive payment instructions.
- Is there a time limit for payment? Yes, once the booking is confirmed and the email with the payment instructions has been received, the payment must be made within 24 hours. After this deadline, your order will be canceled .
- Can I change the chosen MI-GIFT? Yes, each MI-GIFT can be exchanged for an equivalent price, up to 1 day before the date of the chosen tour if already booked, otherwise without time limits. defect, you can still book our service with the integration of the missing amount. On the contrary, if the amount of the voucher should be in excess, you will be able to use the voucher on all our services until it is used up.
- Is there a time limit to use the MI-GIFT? Absolutely not, MI-GIFTs have no expiration date.
Undecided? Give our Gift Card and let your recipients choose their favorite tour:
- MI-GIFT: Group Tour
- MI-GIFT: Private Tours
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Select the number of guests using the appropriate field above
- Please enter the recipient's name, email and a greeting message. This step is optional, in its absence we will send the voucher to your email address.
- Click on the "Book Now" button to access the booking form and purchase your Gift Card
- Payment is made by bank transfer or credit card. By completing the booking you will receive all payment instructions
- Once the payment is confirmed, the recipient will receive a special email with your greeting message and a description of the fantastic tour chosen
- We can't wait to have a wonderful visit together!
Still have questions? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to buy for more people, you can change the quantity using the appropriate field. Enter the different recipients in the appropriate forms and their respective greeting messages. We will send two separate gift emails to your loved ones.
MI EXPERIENCE organizes its experiences according to all the prevention measures for Covid-19. We guarantee maximum security so that your visit can take place in the best conditions. Venue availability is subject to confirmation.
For any other questions or information, please write to us on email@example.com
MIGIFT: Galatina Grand Tour
MI GIFTs are exclusive private experiences, to be enjoyed alone or shared with loved ones