MI GIFT: Tailor-made experiences for those who still want to get excited. A memory is forever.
Legend has it that the city was founded by the mythological hero Idomeneo, who landed on its Salento coast on his return from the Trojan war.
Over the centuries, as a port in the center of the Ionian Sea, Gallipoli has experienced events that have led it to be one of the richest maritime centers in the entire Land of Otranto. From its port departed the ships in the Magna Graecia period loaded with càrparo, the local hard stone, for the construction of the temples of Metaponto.
From the Roman age to the turn of the nineteenth century, its ramparts have seen the succession of merchant fleets that transported oil throughout Europe. The center of Gallipoli stands on an island, known as a "rock" which is accessed from the only sixteenth-century bridge, watched over by the Aragonese Castle and its Rivellino.
It is in this period, especially with the flourishing of Baroque architecture, that the center is covered with embroidery and arabesques that decorate the numerous churches and oratories and noble palaces. Worthy of note is the Baroque painting that develops in Gallipoli, replacing the art of the stonemason who here suffered from the corrosive effects of the sea breeze. Among the most illustrious, we remember the painter Giovanni Andrea Coppola, author of the great decorations on canvas of the cathedral.
The flourishing of trade and economic activities led to the construction of imposing palaces that open into the narrow streets of the ancient center. In these alleys, up to the present day, the great daily representation of the life of the seaside village takes place, including religious events, traditions, and seafaring life. Among the most important and typical traditions of Gallipoli it is necessary to remember the rites of Holy Week, of clear Spanish derivation, with the brotherhoods that take care of the processions of the "Tomb" and "Desolata" for 2 days uninterruptedly, dressed in the characteristic col hood lowered.
Linked to the tradition and faith of the Gallipoli people is the feast of S. Cristina, protector of fishermen, in honor of which the "cuccagna a mare" takes place in July, a pole protruding into the port and covered with soap at the top of which a flag is placed which the contenders must retrieve. From the nearby island of S. Andrea, the flashing lighthouse greets one of the most beautiful sunsets over the sea in Salento.
The tour is reserved for a maximum of 10 people
PAYMENT: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How can I pay? Payment is made by bank transfer or credit card
- What happens by clicking on the "Book Now" button? By clicking, you fill out a registration form. The data collected is used to prepare the electronic invoice, as per regulation. Once completed you will receive payment instructions.
- Is there a time limit for payment? Yes, once the booking is confirmed and the email with the payment instructions has been received, the payment must be made within 24 hours. After this deadline, your order will be canceled .
- Can I change the chosen MI-GIFT? Yes, each MI-GIFT can be exchanged for an equivalent price, up to 1 day before the date of the chosen tour if already booked, otherwise without time limits. defect, you can still book our service with the integration of the missing amount. On the contrary, if the amount of the voucher should be in excess, you will be able to use the voucher on all our services until it is used up.
- Is there a time limit to use the MI-GIFT? Absolutely not, MI-GIFTs have no expiration date.
Undecided? Give our Gift Card and let your recipients choose their favorite tour:
- MI-GIFT: Group Tour
- MI-GIFT: Private Tours
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Select the number of guests using the appropriate field above
- Please enter the recipient's name, email and a greeting message. This step is optional, in its absence we will send the voucher to your email address.
- Click on the "Book Now" button to access the booking form and purchase your Gift Card
- Payment is made by bank transfer or credit card. By completing the booking you will receive all payment instructions
- Once the payment is confirmed, the recipient will receive a special email with your greeting message and a description of the fantastic tour chosen
- We can't wait to have a wonderful visit together!
Still have questions? Write to email@example.com
If you want to buy for more people, you can change the quantity using the appropriate field. Enter the distinct recipients in the appropriate forms and their respective greeting messages. We will send two separate gift emails to your loved ones.
MI EXPERIENCE organizes its experiences according to all the prevention measures for Covid-19. We guarantee maximum security so that your visit can take place in the best conditions. Venue availability is subject to confirmation.
For any other questions or information, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
MIGIFT: Gallipoli Grand Tour
MI GIFTs are exclusive private experiences, to be enjoyed alone or shared with loved ones