MI GIFT: Tailor-made experiences for those who still want to get excited. A memory is forever.
The origin of the city is lost in the mists of time. The entire area is characterized by prehistoric monuments and a short distance from the current town, in a context of great natural beauty, is the "deer cave" which, for the grandeur and importance of its Neolithic paintings is remembered with the epithet of "Sistine chapel of prehistory".
Bridge to the East, it was first a Messapian and then Roman city, used as a port for the eastern provinces of the Empire. Overlooking a splendid blue sea, the narrow and winding alleys and the whitewashed houses alternated with characteristic bazaars make it particularly fascinating, giving it an exotic and purely Mediterranean flavor.
With the fall of Rome, Otranto passes to the Byzantines. In this period the city assumes an increasingly flourishing aspect due to via of the great Greek cultural schools which, through the monastic phenomenon, are established with increasing frequency.
Among the most important is the 11th century abbey of San Nicola di Càsole, which brings together all the Greek-Otranto culture which since the first centuries of Christianity had produced interesting forms of knowledge.
The ancient village, a true urban jewel, is characterized by the presence of the cathedral, inside which the famous floor mosaic is kept, a splendid work of the twelfth century, with the depiction of the Tree of Life and human events.
In the crypt, a forest of 42 columns marks the space of what is considered the miniature of the cistern of S. Sofia in Constantinople. Other jewels of Otranto are the Byzantine basilica of St. Peter, built on the place traditionally recognized as that of the landing of the Apostle, and the Aragonese castle.
The history of Otranto stands still in August 1480 when the troops of Mohammed II attack the city to go up through Salento in the work of Islamization of Europe. The citizens of Otranto resist the attack for 15 days when, exhausted, they cannot bear the impact of the Turkish offensive.
Killed all the inhabitants, the last eight hundred is proposed abjuration in exchange for freedom. Upon refusal to convert to Islam, they too are killed by beheading. The Catholic Church recognizes them as martyrs and the remains are kept in the cathedral.
The tour is reserved for a maximum of 10 people
PAYMENT: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How can I pay? Payment is made by bank transfer or credit card
- What happens by clicking on the "Book Now" button? By clicking, you fill out a registration form. The data collected is used to prepare the electronic invoice, as per regulation. Once completed you will receive payment instructions.
- Is there a time limit for payment? Yes, once the booking is confirmed and the email with the payment instructions has been received, the payment must be made within 24 hours. After this deadline, your order will be canceled .
- Can I change the chosen MI-GIFT? Yes, each MI-GIFT can be exchanged for an equivalent price, up to 1 day before the date of the chosen tour if already booked, otherwise without time limits. defect, you can still book our service with the integration of the missing amount. On the contrary, if the amount of the voucher should be in excess, you will be able to use the voucher on all our services until it is used up.
- Is there a time limit to use the MI-GIFT? Absolutely not, MI-GIFTs have no expiration date.
Undecided? Give our Gift Card and let your recipients choose their favorite tour:
- MI-GIFT: Group Tour
- MI-GIFT: Private Tours
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Select the number of guests using the appropriate field above
- Please enter the recipient's name, email and a greeting message. This step is optional, in its absence we will send the voucher to your email address.
- Click on the "Book Now" button to access the booking form and purchase your Gift Card
- Payment is made by bank transfer or credit card. By completing the booking you will receive all payment instructions
- Once the payment is confirmed, the recipient will receive a special email with your greeting message and a description of the fantastic tour chosen
- We can't wait to have a wonderful visit together!
Still have questions? Write to email@example.com
If you want to buy for more people, you can change the quantity using the appropriate field. Enter the distinct recipients in the appropriate forms and their respective greeting messages. We will send two separate gift emails to your loved ones.
MI EXPERIENCE organizes its experiences according to all the prevention measures for Covid-19. We guarantee maximum security so that your visit can take place in the best conditions. Venue availability is subject to confirmation.
For any other questions or information, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
MIGIFT: Otranto Grand Tour
MI GIFTs are exclusive private experiences, to be enjoyed alone or shared with loved ones